We’re Taking Special Care to Give You Special Care
Almost two months ago, we asked you to discuss delaying elective medical and surgical care with your physician because of an anticipated COVID-19 surge.
Today, we suggest that you speak with your physician about resuming your normal care and procedures at Baptist.
Working with our partner physicians, we have designed and implemented the safest possible health care environments for our patients and staff at all of our Baptist hospitals, as well as all Baptist Medical Group clinics and specialty facilities, including Baptist Cancer Centers.
Our emergency rooms are always open and ready to provide care for life-threatening illness or injury, or if you have other concerns about your immediate health. Please call 911 immediately if you or a loved one are experiencing chest pain, a stroke significant trauma or other symptoms of a life-threatening condition.
When you receive care at Baptist you can expect the following changes as a part of our new process for keeping our patients and staff safe:
- Screening all health care workers and patients to identify anyone with fever, symptoms or COVID-19 exposure history.
- Requiring all our employees to wear face masks.
- Giving all patients face masks and asking them to wear them throughout their stay in our facilities.
- Providing COVID-19 testing for all patients as part of their care.
- Testing all our health care workers for COVID-19.
- Practicing aggressive hand hygiene and rigorous cleaning of all surfaces in all Baptist facilities.
- Requiring continued social distancing in all our public spaces.
- Limiting visitation in all of our facilities to prevent any spread of infection to our patients.
- Establishing treatment areas throughout our hospitals specifically for non-COVID patients to safely resume elective treatments.
- Placing patients in a safe COVID-positive area if we are unable to perform a test because of an emergency event or special situation.
For answers to the some of the questions and concerns you may have, please visit our Coronavirus FAQ page. We’re taking special care to provide you special care. Reach out to your doctor today about resuming your care at Baptist.
We’re taking special care to provide you special care. Reach out to your doctor today about resuming your care at Baptist.